Syncing & Groups
Create a Zotero Account
This module will show you how to set up an account in Zotero. This will allow you to access or sync your Zotero library from different computers. Either watch the screencast or view the step-by-step screenshots below. For a text-based version of the directions, view the video transcript: Account_Set_Up_Transcript.pdf
1. There are several ways to set up an account in Zotero. If you have not already set up an account, one way to do this is by going to the Zotero tool bar, clicking the Actions icon, then choosing preferences.
2. Go to the sync tab and click the create account link.
3. This link takes you to a Zotero account registration page. Choose whatever username and email address you want to start an account.
4. You will receive a confirmation email once your account is set up.
5. Click on the link in the email to confirm your account set up.