How to use Neutral Sources
Neutral background sources do not present original research and attempt to present information in an unopinionated way. Because they try to present a neutral point of view, they can be a helpful tool when you are beginning to explore your topic.
So what do you do with neutral background sources in the scope of your research paper?
- Fill in the gaps of what you didn't know about your topic
- Find out who is talking about your topic
- Use your background sources to track down "they say" sources
- Put your "they say" sources in context
- Discover new ideas for inquiry and follow up
Let's discuss a variety of neutral background sources you can use, beginning with Wikipedia.