About this tutorial
When you have completed this tutorial you will be able to:
- Identify some standard citation styles.
- Use citation tools in library research databases to stay organized and cite accurately.
- Identify the bibliographic information you need to cite academic sources accurately.
- Seek out additional help when you need it.
What to expect
- Citations 101: Citation Styles
In this unit, you will start to learn about how and why scholars cite their sources, and you will learn about some standard citation styles.
- Citations 101: Citation Tools
In this unit you will learn to use a variety of online tools to manage your citations effectively.
- Citations 101: Break it Down
In this unit, you will learn to identify the parts of a citation. You will think about how to stay organized and to capture the information you need from your sources.
- Citations 101: Getting Help
In this unit, you will find out about some options for getting more help.