- American Association of State Highway and Transportation Officials (AASHTO)
- American Petroleum Institute (API)
- Data Interchange Standards Association (DISA)
- Department of Energy (DOE)
Electric Industries Association (EIA)
- Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE)
All active IEEE Standards are available to authorized OSU users through the OSU Libraries' subscription to the IEEE/IEE Electronic Library.
- International Organization for Standardization (ISO)
- International Telecommunications Union (ITO)
- National Information Standards Organization (NISO)
- National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST)
- Standards Council of Canada (SCC)
- Underwriters Laboratories (UL)
Standards in OSU Libraries
American National Standards Institute (ANSI)
Selected standards are in shelving ranges on the north side of the 1st floor of Valley Library. (Call number TA368.A48).
Withdrawn or superceded standards are inter-filed with the current standards.
Identify standard numbers using the search feature on the ANSI website: http://www.ansi.org/
American Society for Testing and Materials (ASTM)
ASTM Standards online
- Click on Standards and Engineering Digital Library
- Accept the Agreement
- Type your search terms and click the Submit button
- Download Active Standard (Current standards only) in PDF
- Off-campus access with ONID authentication
For access to historic ASTM standards, use the print volumes of the Annual Book of ASTM Standards at TA401.A46 in the Valley Library (or in storage).
ASTM Standards are organized in volumes, and you need to know the volume number to successfully locate the standard.
To find specific ASTM Standards in print:
- Identify the volume number of your standard either by doing a search on the ASTM web site (example: Book of Standards: Volume 15.12)
You can also find volume numbers by using the ASTM Book of Standards Index Volume 00 at call number TA401.A46 (1st Floor Valley). The web search is easier!
- Use the volume number from step 1 to find the correct volume and locate the standard in it. Standards are in alpha-numeric order within the volumes.
American Concrete Institute (ACI)
Many ACI standards can be found in the Manual of Concrete Practice found on the first floor of Valley Library at TA439 .A5.
American Society of Heating, Refrigeration and Air-conditioning Engineers (ASHRAE)
ASHRAE Handbook TH7201.A521
Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE)
All active IEEE Standards are available through the OSU Libraries' subscription to the IEEE/IEE Electronic Library
National Fire Protection Association (NFPA)
National Fire Codes are shelved on the first floor of Valley Library at TH9241.N3
Society of Automotive Engineers
SAE Handbook TL151 .S6