Finding Ebooks at OSU
Find electronic books (ebooks) at OSU Libraries in one (or four) easy step(s).
- Enter your topic in the search box.
- Click "items with full text online" under Refine your search on the left-hand column
If you want to do the search from the Libraries' homepage and not from the above search box, follow these directions:
- Enter your keywords in the 1Search box on the OSU Libraries' home page.
- Use the facets on the left-hand side of the page to choose "Book / eBook" under content type.
- Check the "items with full text online" box under Refine your search, then click "continue".
- Click on the title of the book to open the ebook.
Ebook Library (EBL) for eReaders
Many of the OSU Libraries' ebooks are hosted by EBL, the Electronic Book Library. In EBL you can search by keyword, category, title, publisher, etc. Once you find an ebook, look for this logo in the upper left corner of the ebook you are viewing:
EBL titles can be downloaded to or transferred to readers that support Adobe Digital Editions (ADE), including Sony, Kobo, and Nook eReaders; Adobe maintains a current list of all the devices that support ADE. In addition, ADE titles can be downloaded to devices like the Nexus, iPad or iPhone using applications such as Bluefire. ADE titles can also be sent as PDFs to Kindles.
OSU Libraries' eReader Guide
If you have questions about how to transfer an ebook onto your eReader, please consult our eReader guide.
Ebooks at the Corvallis-Benton County Public Library
The local Corvallis-Benton County Public Library (CBCPL) lends ebooks through Library2Go. Patrons living in Benton County can access Library2Go online using their public library card number. For full instructions, visit the BCPL Library2Go help page.