What do you think of 1Search? Give us your feedback!
What databases are included in 1Search?
1Search does not actually search our databases. Instead, 1Search pulls together most of the online journal content we have access to and puts it into one place. It also searches our library catalog and Summit, our consortial catalog.
How do I restrict to peer-reviewed articles?
Once you do a search in 1Search and view the results, there is an option on the left side under Refine your search to "Limit to articles peer-reviewed journals."
It says full-text but when I click on it I get an error message. Why?
Sometimes the link between 1Search and the article is broken. If you run into this issue, please contact the staff at the Information desk for help.
- Enter phrases in quotation marks such as "electric cars" or "green buildings"
- Boolean operators (AND, OR, NOT) must be in all caps
- Use the facets on the left side to refine your search
A brief overview of 1Search content and features.
What is 1Search?
1Search is our new library search engine that streamlines your research process. Use it to discover online articles, books, documents, videos and more.
What's included in 1Search?
- All the materials from the OSU Libraries catalog, such as books, videos, government documents, maps, sound recordings, music scores, etc.
- Scholarly journal articles, newspaper and magazine articles from over 62,000 sources. Much of this content is full-text.
- Resources from the OSU Libraries digital collections, such as OSU theses and dissertations in ScholarsArchive.
There are some resources in the OSU Libraries that will not be found in this search engine. Please consult with an OSU Librarian for resources not available with this search.
1Search has some great search features to help you make your search more specific:
- Limit your search to "peer-reviewed journals only".
- Faceted searching so you can refine your search by content type, subject terms, publication date, library location or language.
- Format citations into one of the major citation styles.
- Print or email citations to yourself.
- Export citations to EndNote or EndNote Web.
- Mobile phone friendly.