Finding Ebooks at OSU
Find electronic books (ebooks) at OSU Libraries in four easy steps.
- Enter your topic in the search box.
- Use the facets on the left-hand side of the page to choose Book/eBook. You may need to go to "more options" under content type.
- Ebooks are marked with an icon (eBook).
- To show only ebooks, click Items with full text online (under Refine your search)
- Click on the title of the book to open the ebook. In some cases, you may need be taken to the record in the catalog. Scroll down to the link that connects you to the resource online.
- COCC ebooks are not available to OSU students.
Most ebooks can be "borrowed" for 1 or 7 days. In some cases, you can download the ebook and read it for the given loan period.
Finding Books using the Library Catalog
OSU Libraries Catalog
The OSU catalog lists all the books held in the OSU Libraries. You can search for books, videos and other library materials.
- Search for books by author, title or keyword
- Note the location and call number. You'll need this information to find the book on the shelves.
- Click on the location. The first letters of the call number will tell you which floor you need to go to.
- If our copy is checked out, click on Try Summit Libraries to borrow a copy from another library